SM102 Will not run Armature Volts and Current very low

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Keeping It Real, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real Member

Hi

I have a Heidelberg Speedmaster with CP Tronic version v20.0 with 53kwatt Siemen main motor.

Come in the morning and find the press will not run.
    Had the motor tested and all was good by the Baumuller Engineer.
    Had the main Drive SLT tested and SRK tested and both parts worked on another press fine.
    When I press the run button and view the Main motor display in Spanner 2 (V/A)

• I will see the field Voltage around 55Volts and The field current read around 7.3Amps.
    • I only see the Armature Voltage outputting 1 volt ??? and Current 10amps. ???
    • The boss ordered a new encoder and cable, but this did not replace the problem.
    I know the Armature voltage and current should be much higher. There is no error on the dyn or init display. The only fault that occurs is once I press the run button a few times the press flags up an error which is saying machine encoder, which I think is due to the fact the press is not moving to turn the encoder round.

Any help would be grateful

Machine software version 20.0 CP Tronic..

Attached Files:

2. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Please share with me the error flag of encoder to see what happend , also check if there is. No problem with your brake , let me know

3. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real Member

MOT ERROR
    DYN-Test FFDF

the only other thing missing was the main motor coding. Once all the connections in the motor was cleaned up the code appeared again

Attached Files:

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir:
    Please review, after you test very well, if the brake is o.k mechanical and electrical is there voltage 24Vdc or 48 vdc, see his schematic.
    See if the Stator has Voltage and rotor Too according with the ID plate motor,

Of course look for the MODULE of Thyristors SBM1+ SBM2, SEE if GRM120,,IS O?

Look for this:
    Check:
    At HWI , REK1 realize the impression is blocked . ok.?

5. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real Member

Thank you for the reply do appreciate it.

I have mentioned in my first post SBM SLT SRK etc have all been tested and work. The main motor has been checked twice by skilled engineers and the brake releasing even if you put the handle in and turn the machine The brake Voltages is correct too
    New encoder and new cable tried.

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Did you test REK1? , with HW1? They blocked the machine.
    You must review.
    By other side, if everything is ok : Please Reheating the complete backplane, X Dry+ Colder Solder joint.!!! Carefully and with time.

Blessings

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Remember, when you put the HW1, you must adjust to degree:D in the impression cylinder, in conjunction with the Display ZID in the feeder.
    Otherwise, Will Not Run the machine!!!.

Good Luck!.

8. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real Member

Thank you again
    Always grateful
    You take care

I do not have REK. I know I do need to check at some point if still not fixed. I know how to install and setup encoders no problems there, thanks anyway. The back panel solder will have to wait and only as a last option.

Parts tend to flag up a fault of some sort usually on the screen init or dyn test pages.

Unfortunately this press is showing no errors. Just MOT and that is to do with the encoder which I believe is due to the fact the press is not turning when it should and therefore the MOT is popping up and saying encoder not moving.

Take care

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

OK, proceed with encoder HW1, that is the reason, machine No move, however test the Bam ( board x brake) , ann GRM120, remember 120 VDC in stator.

Blessings

10. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Did you replace the encoder with the same hdm reference please be sure of the version .
    Try to run manually the machine with crankle and see if it give any code error .
    Then run the machine With blow by blow and see what happend .
    I think that the problém is on the encoder version

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  11. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real Member

Given Heidelberg the press number Heidelberg sent a new encoder and cable. Yes Heidelberg have in the past sent wrong parts and compatibility. The encoder was the first thing we decided on working on. A new encoder has been ordered again and we will see if it’s the same encoder or a different one.

12. Adil

Adil Senior Member

There is two version i think the /01 is the good one for you .
    Please send me your hdm encoder reference